This past Spring break was great! the best ever. It was weird to think that it had already been a year since I spent my spring break in Arkansas with Jason and his family. I was blessed to spend my entire spring break with my sweetheart. I went to visit her a few weekends ago and brought her with me on my way back to East TN and she stayed in Middle TN with my parents while I worked my last work week before spring break.
On that Friday, I went to my parents and was happily met by my beautiful bride-to-be running out to my car. That night, we had a wonderful family get together - Kara and my mom had prepared supper. After I had been at my parents for about 30 minutes, the following came in: Pa, Goo, Uncle Lewis, Aunt Wanda, Cody, Uncle George, Aunt Lillian, Teta Evonne, Daniel, and Maria! It was great! Later on that night, Mark also arrived and brought some really good music for me to have for my wedding rehearsal party. Then, Maria taught Kara how to do our cultural dance - Kara was great, and we had so much fun!
Saturday, Kara was with me while I worked in and ran my parents grocery store. We both had fun laughing at how zany a lot of the customers were.
Sunday morning, we drove to East TN to attend services at Covenant. We stayed Sunday night through Thursday morning in East TN - Kara stayed at the Barbers which is right next door to where I am living.
Monday, we both looked at the house that we will be renting. I plan on moving May 1st, and we're both very excited about the house.
Tuesday, Sister Jill took our engagement pictures! we had so much fun! That morning, we went to Frozen Head Park, and that evening, we had two separate photo shoots - one at a railroad track bridge and the other in downtown Knoxville. Sister Jill has a few of the photos up on her website.
Wednesday, we had a Nintendo Wii party at my house with Jeff, Daniel, Reneé, and Hannah. We probably had the most fun playing Big Brain Academy together - all 6 of us could play at once. I also took Kara to Knoxville that evening before evening church service.
Thursday, we packed up and drove to my parents to pick up Malibu Moonshine (my car is named after a famous losing race horse). We had a good time there at my parents for a couple of hours - my mom had cooked a wonderful lunch for us to enjoy. Then, Kara and I started our journey back to Mississippi. I drove Malibu Moonshine, and she drove her car (we haven't named her car ... yet). This was hopefully our only trip to ever drive such a long distance together in separate cars. Jeff told us that Kara needed a European car so we could roll the windows down and hold hands.
Thursday night at Kara's house, I watched as the Memphis Tigers lost to the Missouri Tigers. It was frustrating to watch how horribly Memphis was playing - this is 3 years in a row that I've watched them lose in the tournament in a very disappointing fashion.
Friday afternoon, Kara and I drove to Louis and Abi's house. Louis grilled out and Abi cooked some really yummy dishes for supper.
Louis has become really into fitness (which is really cool) and was showing me these bodylastic workout bands that he purchased a few months ago. Saturday morning, Louis took me through a full body workout with bodylastics. That afternoon, we all went out to Mi Pueblo for lunch before Kara and I left.
Kara and I decided to stop at Lowe's and pick out colors that we would like if we decide to paint at our house. We also stopped by some other stores to look for things.
Sunday, Brother Isaac preached a great message at Grace Chapel about the promise and ministry of the Holy Spirit. Sister Judy invited us over for a really yummy lunch, and I ended up leaving to close out my trip around 3 o'clock.
On my way back, I met up with my parents in Cookeville for a quick supper. It was good seeing them. I got home and in bed around 11 o'clock.
I miss Kara.
2 comments:
awwwwwww. I love your posts.
My goodness! What a full but wonderful time!
Post a Comment