Last week, I took five days off to go on a field trip to Tremont in the Great Smoky Mountains with 50 sixth graders and 3 other chaperones. We had a great time!I had never hiked before, and I loved it! We spent most of our time hiking incredibly beautiful trails, and I believe I'll take up hiking as a hobby.
My favorite hike was probably when we hiked to the top of Fodderstack Mountain and down the other side to a waterfall. We also stopped along to way to learn how to make paint by using one wet rock and one dry rock. My students helped paint my face.
We also went to Cades Cove and hiked around those parts.
The food at Tremont was unreal - so good! and they had hot teas to choose from (which was wonderful. I thought I'd have to go a whole week without hot tea).
Of course, I had to deal with students misbehaving at times, but it was all worth it. It felt more like a vacation, and it was a great experience. ... and not only was it free - I got paid! I love my job.
1 comment:
Nice perk.
Post a Comment