Friday, May 1

Swine Flu

I have been very skeptical of the media's and our government's hysteria over swine flu. My skepticism has much to do with my political views and my views toward the mainstream media, and I believe this is another way that our media and government has found to scare the American people into wanting more and bigger government.

I believe this will be used to sweep in more government involvement in healthcare, and I'm sure the government will use this to talk us into giving up more of our freedoms and liberties.

If you think that I'm alone in my views, I talked with a fellow teacher here at my school the other morning that holds the same views. And yesterday afternoon, I found this online ABC interview with Ron Paul who explains very well why he believes the swine flu story and concerns are overdone. You can check out the interview here.

No comments: