I have been staying in a tent since 2003. That year, Dave, Barry, and I borrowed an old tent from the Ewing family. That next year, Dave and Barry went in together and bought a tent. Dave passed away that following September, and Barry has and brought the tent for us to use the following years (2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008). His getting married last summer changed things up for this year's Camp.
I bought my own tent for this year, and I'm really happy with it. I kept in mind that I needed to buy a tent that Kara and I both could use next year, and I also wanted to buy one that would last us many years to come. Here's a picture of the tent that I bought:
Louis and I slept in this tent together last week. Abigail stayed in the mother's cabin which better accommodated her needs (being pregnant). Friday night of Camp, Barry stayed in my tent with us, and the three of us packed the tent up Saturday morning. The theme of Camp Moriah this year was "The Trinity", and the deity of Christ was emphasized quite a bit. All of the teaching, studies, and preaching was very good and blessed.
During recreational times, Ryan and I sponsored a thumb wrestling tournament. I was a thumb wrestling champ back in high school, but I wasn't sure how far I would get in the Camp Moriah thumb wrestling tournament. The first round, I had to go against Kara! I thought that this was quite unfair, but I got past that round and eventually made it to the finals. The final match lasted for over 5 minutes, but in the end, I won!!
In the basketball tournament, my team made it to the finals, but we lost that last game. Actually, my other teammates all quit because of how hot and exhausted they were. So, I had all new teammates for that final game. We did have a lot of fun.
In the men's softball game, my team won, but even more exciting than that - I hit my first-ever HOMERUN! I hit it really far and ran around all of the bases to home! Abraham was already on first base, so my hit got him home too. Oh, ... and Kara was watching. :-)
I was hoping that my good friend Dan would be at Camp this year. He had told me earlier in the summer that he had plans to be off of work and there at Camp all week. But, I found out Monday of Camp that his work schedule had changed and would keep him from being there.
On Saturday, Lauren invited Kara and I over for Paul's birthday party. We had a really good time, stayed in Ripley, and attended Ripley PBC that next Lord's Day morning. After church, we drove back to Kara's where I was able to pack up my car one last time with things from her house to bring here to our house before we're married.
3 comments:
Gotta mention that many of those years you have taken Cody in your car - it has become a tradition that of course will have some sort of change next year since you will be married. Uncle Lewis and I really appreciate how you have mentored Cody (and your brothers and the good friends he has made these past years at Camp)
thanks again and we are getting excited about your upcoming wedding!!!
Love you,
Aunt Wanda
great post. Congrats on your homerun (in front of Kara:) That was cute. oh and on the thumb wrestling thing.ha.ha.
almost time to go to your wedding:) love you, Moma
Nice tent. I'm going to have to invest in a tent one fo these days.
Post a Comment