This past Saturday, we took a trip to Virginia for Brother Tony and Sister Miracle's wedding. We left early in the morning and picked up Jeff in Knoxville. It took around 6 hours to get there.
In Virginia, we were driving and almost hit a bear ... we were on a four lane road and this bear ran out in front of our car, and we had to stop to keep from hitting it. It was a younger bear, but he was still big - bigger than a deer. He stopped and looked around in the turning lane right in front of our car. I was thinking, "okay, this is really really cool and great, but I sure hope that he doesn't attack the car." After pausing for a moment in the turning lane, he ran past our car and across to the other side of the road.
So if it was only to meet up with our bear friend, the trip would have been well worth it. But, the wedding was also beautiful, and it was a lot of fun to see everyone there.
The 6 hour trip back home was pretty rough that night, but Jeff and I made the most out of the last hour and a half by playing a game that I had made up years ago. "You think of a word, I'll think of a word, then we'll put them together to see if they make a good compound word." Here's a list of some of the combo-words that we came up with: moon whisker, photo fungus, germ tower, snorkel flap, bird candy, gurgle shine, cracker glow, goose angel, french mud, and many more that aren't coming to mind right now.
Kara's sister met up with us at the wedding and came back home with us to stay for the week. We're really happy to have her with us, and we're hoping to have a fun time this week.
10 years ago
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a "beary" good time:) We did too.Lily was so BIG and CUTE! Did you get her pics?
Have fun with Susanna this week. Love you,
oh, and you and Jeff are quite pitiful in your word game!!!LOL I bet Kara and Susanna were praying to have the trip end!ha.
Wow! A Bear! How cool. I'm glad you didn't hit it though.
Post a Comment