Monday, December 14

Yesterday on our way to Sister Kristine's going away party (she's moving to San Antonio, TX), our car began to shake and the check engine light came on. I drove to Advanced Auto to get it checked out. I was told that the 5th cylinder was not firing correctly - and that could be a spark plug, a wire, or something else. I was recommended to go see a mechanic soon.

As we puttered back to our house, I called to tell Brother Jimmy that we wouldn't be able to make it to the party because of our car trouble. I thought that I'd go ahead and ask Brother Doug a question about the car.

Brother Doug told me that he would meet me in Oak Ridge and give us a ride to the party. He and Brother Jimmy met us as Advanced Auto (we puttered back to the place to meet). Brother Doug asked to borrow a tool, checked the spark plug, saw that the spark plug had a bigger gap than it needed, and (after I bought a new spark plug) he put a new plug in for at cylinder 5.

For five dollars, my car is now running perfectly, and I'm very thankful for God's providence in blessing us with Brother Doug.

Friday, I came down with a cold - and this morning, I'm not feeling too well. I actually felt much better Saturday and yesterday. Yesterday, I thought that I was well. But this morning, my head is hurting and my ears and nose are feeling stopped up. I hope that I get well soon and that Kara doesn't catch this for the holidays.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

glad your car was fixed so easily and glad it happened before you began holiday and wedding travels.
'tis the cold season...everyone has it off and on. can't be a teacher and avoid that one!!!
drink more tea:)ya'll have a safe trip to GA. Love you much, mom