Friday, August 13

I just finished teaching my first week of the 2010-2011 school year. I created a new website for the school during the summer, and I have a new projector for my classroom which is working very nicely.

My schedule is much different this year, but I'm liking it so far. I have lunch around one o'clock instead of having an earlier lunch like I did the past few years (eleven o'clock). The bells are not ringing this year because the 7th and 8th graders are on a different schedule - so, I'm having to use my lemon kitchen timer to keep up with how much time I have left in each class. My grandma gave me my lemon timer a few years ago.

The principal here found out that she had breast cancer last week, and she went in for surgery this past Wednesday. The surgery, they say, went well, and she is recovering and hopes to be back in 2 weeks. You can be praying for her. She's used to always being strong and in good health.

Today is my birthday!! Kara put a candle in my pancake this morning, and my day has been great so far. Tonight, my parents plan on taking us to Demos' to eat. Kara cooked a really special meal for me last night, and I opened up my gift to find that she had got me the books I was hoping for. I'm really excited about these books - Lectures to my Students by Charles Spurgeon and Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias.

I spent a lot of time yesterday working with the reprinting of the Child of Grace hymn album. I am down to my last 2 CDs at the house, and we're still getting orders. I hope that we'll be able to reprint the CDs soon.

2 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

I can't believe you are already in school. See you this week!

Lynn Bruce said...

So glad you're making a new batch of those CDs! I'm also down to my last handful from the box Dan gave me a few year ago.

Thank you!