This past weekend, Jason, Bekah, and the girls were in Middle TN, and Kara and I were able to drive over and visit with them. We had a great time visiting, playing with the girls, and our ol' school buddy Steffon and his wife came over to visit Saturday evening. I already had plans to be in Middle TN to preach for the congregation at Cookeville on Sunday.
Yesterday, I preached a message from Luke 11 titled Teach Us to Pray. It seems like the Lord blessed the message, and I sure enjoyed the fellowship there at Cookeville.
I am planning on taking a couple of months off from preaching to seek whether or not the Lord is truly calling me for the work of the ministry. Back in January, I felt a burden to preach, but I haven't been feeling that burden in these past months which has caused some concern on my part. I do not want to assume that the Lord has called me to preach, and I do not want to bury the talent (gift) if it has been given. I would appreciate your prayers as I seek the Lord's will.
Last week, I met with a man who had recently been visiting with our congregation to study the topic of baptism. Kara and I enjoyed our visit with his family, and the study that he and I had seemed to be blessed by God as we hope to meet again soon to study more together.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment