This morning during my morning bus duty (it's my group's week [we teachers take turns with this duty] ... I basically monitor a certain area of the hallway from 7:45 - 8:15 while students arrive), a Kindergartner told me that he went to Gatlinburg during his spring break. I asked him, "Did you see a bear?" He said, "Yeah! in the woods!"Another Kindergartner then said, "I went to Gatlinburg too!" I asked him the same question, and he said, "Yeah, I saw a bear in the woods." he went on to say, "and a deer jumped over my sister!"
"What!?" I asked.
He said, "Yeah, my sister was walking and a momma deer jumped over her ... but her antlers got caught on a tree limb and she fell into a bush. Then, the momma deer jumped over me. The baby deer was about this tall." He went on to show me how tall the baby deer was and said, "he went right under my legs. The baby deer was really scared though... so, I picked it up and put it in a bush."
Then he looked at with a serious face to ask the question, "Do you know that creatures have to live too?" I had him restate the question because it was too good to only hear once. Then, I nodded my head and said, "Yes, I do."
2 comments:
Was he serious?
yes. :-) but, he's only 5.
Post a Comment