Most of my family and friends know that I go the alternative healthcare route and am very thankful to be able to take care of my own health when it comes to getting sick, treating problems, and preventative steps. I go to an alternative healthcare clinic about once a year in Queen City and have been blessed to learn a lot over the past few years when it comes to healthcare.One herbal supplement that I frequently tell others about is Olive Leaf.
Olive Leaf works to fight infection (of all types: bacterial, viral, yeast, &c.) more aggressively than does antibiotics, and it's all natural. Plus, your body doesn't grow immune to Olive Leaf and there are no side effects as there are with antibiotics. It's actually recommended for those who work around many people or children (as I do being a teacher) to take Olive Leaf daily to prevent catching a sickness. Of course, it's also recommended (if taking OL daily) to take a pro-biotic as well.
But it's not necessary to take daily. However if you want to keep some around the house incase you come down with a cold of some sort, here's how you take it to treat an infection:
(capsules ~ 500mg)
- 2 capsules every two hours for the first 3 days
- 2 capsules three times a day for the next 4 days
You should find yourself feeling better each day, but you'll want to be consistent in taking it properly for 7 days.
I recommend Kroeger Herbs brand; it's cheaper (around $12 for 100 capsules) and very high quality.
1 comment:
I also recommend to parents: Your kids will take all of your herbs....so don't tell kids like Tommy that you have a full bottle of Oive Leaf:))))
Tommy.....I can't find mine. Did I give it to you?????
Love, Mom
Post a Comment