Today is my last work day of 2008! Tomorrow is just a half day for students, and there will be no classes taught tomorrow - just Christmas parties. This morning we had a Christmas program - with the chorus and the band performing. I sat next to Sam (one of my friends who teaches 5th grade [last month's Spatula Spot Teacher of the Month]), and he had me laughing a lot. He's hillarious. He and I were sitting down and he said, "This is probably chicken poop on my jeans" as he showed me the bottom pant legs of his jeans. He has chickens at his house.
After the program, the principal told the parents that they would have to sign out at the office before leaving incase of a fire drill - so we would know that they weren't here. Sam looked over at me and said, "This beats all. If there's a fire and parents don't know to get out of the building, they deserve to burn." The way he talks and the kind of things he says --- he just cracks me up.
This evening, I have a basketball game at 6 o'clock, and afterward, I will need to clean my house, wrap gifts, do laundry, and pack for my trip. I plan on leaving tomorrow for Kara's house. We plan on having Christmas at her house this Saturday, at her granny's and granddaddy's on Christmas eve, at her Mamu's and Papu's (her dad's parents) on Christmas day, and then we plan on driving to my parents' to meet up with my brothers and their families Christmas evening.
We plan on staying in Middle TN for about 4 or 5 days before heading over to East TN. Kara plans on sleeping over at the Barber's house (which is next door to where I live) as we stay a couple of days in East TN. New Years Eve, we plan on driving back to Kara's and attending the New Years Meeting at Grace Chapel that weekend. I'll come back here to start my last half of the school year on the 5th of January.
So, this will probably be my last post till then. Fare ye well.
1 comment:
So sad. I will miss your posting. So happy! I will see you soon!!!
Post a Comment